Monday, 4 April 2011

The Beginning

I plan to look at the Vatican itself and then in particular the library.  I am interested in the history of the library from the beginnings of the collection in the fourth century, through to the thirteenth century when the collection was dispersed. Allthough I feel information on these times will be fairly limited.  My main focus will be the modern history of the library which is from the mid 1300's to the present.  I am interested in the finding out about the collection and how it developed.  I will also research the recent refurbishment and the building itself.  I would also like to gather information regarding librarians and who is allowed to use the library.
The areas I will research include
  • Vatican City
  • The Vatican Library - the building
  • Establishment
  • The collections
  • Timeline
  • Recent refurbishment
  • Librarians
My research plan includes
  • Gathering information from internet
  • Going to the State Library
So far I am finding it difficult to find information on the building itself

No comments:

Post a Comment